Thursday, April 4, 2013

Skull Island eXpeditions

Others have posted better introductions to Privateer Press's new fiction line, so I'll keep this one brief.

Skull Island eXpeditions launched today with three new novellas set in the world of the Iron Kingdoms, which encompasses the eponymous roleplaying game as well as the Hordes and Warmachine miniatures games.

My contribution is a tale called "The Devil's Pay," featuring a down-on-their-luck mercenary company on an unusual commission into a dangerous swamp full of unexpected foes and rivals. The cool thing about this story is that it contains the first fiction reveal of the new faction for the Warmachine game. A full novel, also by yours truly, follows next month.

You can buy the novellas straight from the SIX website in PDF, .mobi, or .epub format, as well as from Amazon's Kindle store.

If you enjoy my Pathfinder Tales novels, there's a darned good chance you'll enjoy "The Devil's Pay." I hope you check it out along with "Instruments of War," by Larry Correia, and "Moving Targets," by C.L. Werner.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this story! I just finished reading it and wanted to let you know I thought it was excellent. With only 108 pages, you managed to tell an engaging story and develop characters well enough that I could connect to them and care about them. I'm looking forward to further tales from you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for that very kind comment. Do you have a few minutes to post a review on Amazon and/or Goodreads? That always helps spread the word.

      Delete